The quality of your countertop installation matters more than most homeowners realize. With a stable, even, and well-supported countertop can go unblemished for decades. However, a poorly installed countertop will crack and can even sustain damage within the first five years. To choose the right countertop installer, you will need to know what you’re looking for and do some due-diligence research. Once you find the right fabricator and installer team, you will be ready to commission your new countertop installation.
Lakeside Surfaces handles every step of your countertop order, from the measurements to the installation, with our expert in-house team. You can schedule a free countertop consultation, and we’ll help you answer those essential questions for planning your next home project with reliable vendors.
Why Hiring a Professional Countertop Installer Is Important
Professional countertop installers know how to package and transport a cut slab without damage and safely bring these large pieces of stone into your home without scuffing the floors or the stone.
Professional countertop installers ensure your cabinetry is strong enough for the weight of the stone and that the top level is flat and stable for a lasting countertop installation.
Subcontractor vs. On-Staff installers
Accountability and transparency are essential when installing high-value items like stone countertops. Sub-contractor installers tend to be harder to hold accountable because they work for a third party. On-staff installers, however, are not only more accountable but also accumulate expert countertop knowledge as part of a complete fabrication and installation team.
Benefits of Hiring Professional Countertop On-Staff installers
A few of the convenient benefits of hiring a company with on-staff installers include:
- Direct relationship with the fabricators
- On-time and responsive
- Knowledgeable and experienced
- Accountable and transparent
What are the benefits of hiring countertop installers who are on-staff with your fabrication or remodeling service? On-staff installers are not third-party delivery guys who fasten your countertop and go. They are equally invested in your satisfaction as a customer and the long-term performance of each countertop they install. On-staff installers are more responsive, accountable, and knowledgeable due to their connection with their stone fabricators and the unified countertop team.
Be sure to research and interview your countertop providers when deciding on the right vendor for your home project.
Questions to Ask Your Countertop Pro
What credentials do you have? Are you nationally or regionally licensed?
- Credentialing is key to ensuring high-quality products and service every time.
- Lakeside Surfaces has a BBB rating of A+ and has been a nominee for a fabricator of the Year in 2019 and 2020.
What are your quality control processes?
- Quality control is essential to know you will get a beautiful, unflawed product and installation process when ordering a countertop.
- For example, Lakeside Surfaces applies a three-point quality check at multiple periods throughout the fabrication.
Which parts of my project are subcontracted?
- Subcontracting is an essential element to consider. Sub-contractors may not provide the same quality or accountability. If any part of your countertop service is sub-contracted, you will want to research the potential subcontractors individually before signing on.
- Our Lakeside Surfaces team is entirely in-house, from measuring and design to precise fabrication to delivery and installation; our in-house team does it all to ensure you get the highest quality countertop installation from start to finish.
Keep the Whole Process With a Team of Experts at Lakeside Surfaces Inc.
Lakeside Surfaces is dedicated to providing only the highest quality countertop installation to Michigan homes. We make sure every step of the process is taken care of by experts from our in-house teams. You can get to know your fabricators and countertop installers by name, and we never subcontract a single step.
Keep the whole process within an expert countertop team you can trust with Lakeside Surfaces, Inc. Contact us today to schedule your free countertop measurement and design consultation. We look forward to helping you transform your West Michigan kitchen.